January 10, 2012

Google Gamer +1

Google Gamer Go!

There is a world of gaming out there, a lifestyle if you will, that is easily ignored and readily dismissed. However, I assert that the internet giant known as Google can provide enough of a gaming experience to satisfy not only our urge to game, but our calling to be a gamer...

Join me as I examine what it is to be a GG, or a "Google Gamer".



There are three main mediums for enjoying Google's assortment of video games. The Android operating system on many smart phones is the most well known. From the Android Market you can gain access to some really high quality games, like those provided by our brothers at GameLoft, as well as the classic time-wasters, like Angry Birds and Words with Friends.

Next is the Chrome Web Store, available to anyone with the Google Chrome web browser installed on their computer (which honestly should be everybody). The CWS has plenty of games that get far more indepth than the ones on Android. It's the classic console vs. handheld distinction.

Lastly is Google+ Games, the social gaming app of the social networking website Google+. It's your basic Facebook-style gaming section, which just fine for a little casual gaming. I'm all about G+ these days, +1ing like it ain't no thang. Join me on G+ at my profile and get my take on the fledgling hangout.

And the best part is, most of these games are free as the breeze, always a plus for a thrift hound (or should I say, plus one?).

I'll get more in depth in the future, until then, may your quests be epic and your grinds be fruitful.

- Julian H.

No comments:

Post a Comment

May the Great Google bless you with bountiful search results.